Entries will be limited to works whose rights such as copyrights belong to applicants or whose licenses have been obtained by applicants if the rights such as copyrights belong to a third party, at the time of application.
- Applicants will be considered to grant the organizers the following rights* free of charge and indefinitely by posting application photos.
*They include, but are not limited to, rights such as the right of reproduction of the application photos in the operation business of this contest (including each right stipulated in Article 27 of the Copyright Act and rights of exploitation of derivative work stipulated in Article 28 of the same Act).
- Applicants will not exercise moral rights of authors pertaining to the application photos.
- For all application photos used by the organizer, remuneration/royalty, etc. will not be paid to applicants.
- Applicants will agree to the right of reproduction of the application photos (including each right stipulated in Article 27 of the Copyright Act and rights of exploitation of derivative work stipulated in Article 28 of the same Act) and other rights that are partially restricted, such as being unable to use the application photos for other photo contest applications.
- The organizer will not accept any responsibility in the event of a complaint or protest, such as right infringement/compensation for damages from a third party. In that case, applicants will be responsible, including any incurred cost or burden.
- For portrait rights, etc. of persons and pets in the photos, applicants must obtain the consent under their own responsibility, and will be considered to have obtained such consent under their own responsibility at the time of application. At the time of application, the applicant is under their own responsibility to make sure to obtain the consent and the permission to use the abovementioned rights of the photography subject from a third party.
The organizer will have the right to publish the works submitted during the application period on the official SNS account to perform public relations activities for this contest. However, this will not constitute any commitment to the prizes.
- With the purpose of public relations activities for this contest, the organizer will permanently have non-exclusive rights to grant licenses to publicize, reproduce, announce and/or print the entries on the websites managed by the organizer and the official SNS account, specifying the credits, free of charge without requiring the permission of applicants.
- If the organizer determines that an application fails to meet the application requirements, such application will be void and no notice of invalid application will be given.
- If any applicant is found to be disqualified after winning a prize, the organizer may cancel such prize and request awards, etc. to be returned.
- Works that fall under any of the following may not be accepted as entries:
In the event that the organizer determines that works fall under any of the following, the organizer may disqualify them without any notice. In addition, the prizes may be canceled even after announcement of the judgement.
- Those which violate the application rules;
- Those which contain personal information in the photos;
- Those which violate laws, public order, and morals;
- Those which infringe on a third party portrait rights or privacy, or defame a third party (except for works whose licenses have been obtained by applicants);
- Those which infringe on third party copyrights, intellectual property rights, etc. (except for works whose licenses have been obtained by applicants);
- Those with the purpose of advertising products, companies, stores, etc.;
(Examples.: Displaying logos, etc. of promotional materials in the photos; detailed reference to promotional materials in the comments, etc.)
- Those which the Company deems inappropriate, such as being unsuitable for the theme.
- These application requirements will be interpreted under the laws of Japan.
- Any dispute between an applicant and the organizer will be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance.